The purpose of National Awards to Teachers 2020 is to celebrate the unique contribution of some of the finest school Teachers and Head of Schools in our country and to honor them who through their commitment and industry have not only improved the quality of school education but also enriched the lives of their school students.
- 15 June to 06 July 2020: Opening of web-portal for inviting online self-nomination by teachers.
- 12 July to 21 July 2020: Shortlisting of teachers by District/Regional Selection Committee and forwarding the shortlist to the State/Organization Selection Committee through online portal.
- 22 July to 31 July 2020: State Selection Committee/ Organization Selection Committee shortlist to be forwarded to Independent National Jury through on-line portal.
- 3 August 2020: Intimation to all the shortlisted candidates for selection by Jury through VC or physical interaction as may be decided
- 6 August to 14 August 2020: Selection process by Jury through VC or physical interaction as may be decided
- 14 August 2020: Finalization of names by Independent National Jury
Eligibility criteria for the NATIONAL AWARDS TO TEACHERS 2020
- Teachers and Heads of Schools working in recognized primary/middle/high/higher secondary schools under the following categories:
- Schools run by State Govt./UTs Administration, schools run by local bodies, schools aided by State Govt. and UT Administration.
- Central Govt. Schools i.e. Kendriya Vidyalayas (KVs), Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs), Sainik Schools run by the Ministry of Defence (MoD), Schools run by Atomic Energy Education Society (AEES).
- Schools affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) (other than those at (a) and (b) above)
- Schools affiliated to Council for Indian Schools Certificate Examination (CISCE) (Other than those at (a), (b) and (c) above)
- Normally retired school teachers are not eligible for the award but those teachers who have served a part of the calendar year (at least for four months i.e. up to 30th April in the year to which National Awards relate) may be considered if they fulfill all other conditions.
- Educational Administrators, Inspectors of Education, and the staff of training Institutes are not eligible for these awards.
- School teachers or Heads of Schools should not have indulged in tuitions.
- Only regular School Teachers and Heads of Schools will be eligible.
- Contractual School Teachers and Shiksha Mitras will not be eligible
Interested school teachers and heads of schools should go through the details. Click here to go to the NCERT official website.
Do you know in what state is the Elephant Falls located?
Elephant Falls is located in Shillong, Meghalaya, India. Many people say the local name of the fall was changed by the British people as there was a rock resembling an elephant near the main falls.
Read more ‘MHRD’ news on dailyschoolsnews.com.
Disclaimer: At DailySchoolsNews we always try our best to ensure that the information we post is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the information or content we post may contain errors. You can trust us even though we recommend to perform your own checks and go through the links in the article.