Union HRD Minister, Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ launched the MANODARPAN initiative of HRD Ministry to provide psychosocial support to students for their Mental Health and Well-being in New Delhi today. Minister of State for HRD, Shri Sanjay Dhotre also graced the occasion. Secretary, Department of Higher Education, Shri Amit Khare; Secretary, School Education, and Literacy Smt Anita Karwal and senior officials of the Ministry were present on the occasion. Smt. Anita Karwal made a detailed presentation about the initiative at the event.
As part of MANODARPAN initiative, Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ launched a National Toll-free Helpline (8448440632), a special web page of MANODARPAN on the portal of HRD Ministry, and a Handbook on MANODARPAN.
Speaking on the occasion, the Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ said that COVID -19 is understandably a challenging time for everyone around the world. This Global pandemic is not only a serious medical concern but also brings mixed emotions and psycho-social stress for all. With a specific focus on children and adolescents, there are emerging mental health concerns that are often reported in such situations. Children and adolescents may be more vulnerable and may experience heightened levels of stress, anxiety, and fearfulness, along with a range of other emotional and behavioral issues.
The following components are included in the MANODARPAN initiative:
- Advisory Guidelines for students, teachers, and faculty of School systems and Universities along with families.
- Web page on the MHRD website, which will carry advisory, practical tips, posters, videos, do’s and don’ts for psychosocial support, FAQs, and online query system.
- National level database and directory of counselors at School and University level whose services can be offered voluntarily for Tele-Counselling Service on the National Helpline.
- National Toll-free Helpline by the MHRD for a countrywide outreach to students from schools, universities, and colleges. This unique helpline shall be manned by a pool of experienced counselors/ Psychologists and other mental health professionals and will continue beyond the COVID-19 situation.
- Handbook on Psychosocial Support: Enriching Lifeskills & Wellbeing of Student’s to be published online. The booklet will include FAQs, Facts & Myths, and will also cover ways and means to manage emotional and behavioral concerns (from young children to college youth) during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond.
- Interactive Online Chat Platform for contact, counseling, and guidance by psychologists and other mental health professionals which will be available for students, teachers, and families during COVID-19 and beyond.
- Webinars, audio-visual resources including videos, posters, flyers, comics, and short films to be uploaded as additional resource materials on the webpage. Crowdsourcing from students all over the country will be encouraged as peer support.
To visit the MANODARPAN web portal for daily updates.
News Source: Press Information Bureau
Read more ‘MHRD’ news on dailyschoolsnews.com.