Schools, Parents and Students to send requests to CBSE Regional Offices
[New Delhi] CBSE has released a circular on 12 October regarding the requests that are made of CBSE Head Office by the Schools, Students, and Parents.
In the recent past, the board has observed that Schools, students, and parents are directly sending requested to the Officers sitting in CBSE Head Quarters, Delhi. Since the requests cannot be processed at Head Quarters and these are promoted to CBSE Regional Office concerned for processing. As a result, the turnaround time for the requests gets stretched or delayed.
Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is having 10 Offices across the country to serve the schools and students under their jurisdiction. The concerned can have the details of the Regional Offices and their jurisdiction from the CBSE's website. Click here to go to the official website.
CBSE Regional Offices play a vital role in supporting the schools, students and parents to resolve their issues as per the Board’s Examination Bye-Laws.
As per policy and procedure mentioned in Examination Bye-laws, all the requests received from stakeholders are processed by the Regional Offices. These requests are either decided by the concerned Regional Officer or the Chairperson/Controller of Examinations at the Head Quarter, Delhi as per delegation of powers.
To avoid the delays in getting the resolution CBSE has suggested the following guidelines.
- All Head of the schools should send their correspondence to the Regional Office concerned only.
- Parents and Students to be made aware by the schools that if they wish to make any request, the same should be made to the school only.
- Head of the school will make recommendations as per the Examination Bye-Laws and send the request to the concerned Regional Office.
CBSE has also released three Annexures in the circular
- Annexure-1: List of Subject for which request can be made to the Regional Office.
- Annexure-2: Year-wise information about issuing of duplicate documents and the Regional Office
- Annexure-3: Fee for issuing duplicate documents is given in Annexure-III.
Click here to read the complete circular released by CBSE.