NCERT Announced Course on Action Research in Education
Central Institute of Educational Technology (CIET), NCERT has announced its online course on Action Research in Education. This 2-credit course has been specifically developed for the teacher educators at elementary level working in District Institutes of Education and Training (DIETs), different State Councils of Educational Research and Training (SCERTs) and State Institutes of Education (SIEs).
The course is one of its kind and is formulated with an objective to help teacher educators in conducting Action Research to address their educational problems. The online course also aims at assisting them in conducting In-service Teacher Professional Development (ITPD) in Action Research.
The attendees shall get a conceptual understanding of the processes of Action Research. The attendees shall be required to prepare a proposal on Action Research in their respective areas of work.
The complete course is online and of seven weeks duration. There are 5 modules with 1 module being discussed per week (first week of getting started and last week of evaluation and assessment.) with 1 hour per week of net meeting (synchronous communication). The attendees are expected to study for 1 hours/week.
Who can join the course of action research in education?
- Teacher educators working in the field of Education having a background in research.
- The participant should have a working knowledge of computer or familiarity with the simple operations of working with a computer.
Action research in education Course Fee
- Rs. 1000/- for the Government organizations/institutions
- Rs. 3000/- for the non-government organization/institutions
- No fee for the internal staff of the NCERT that is NIE, IREs, CIET, CIVE.
- Computer system with internet facility, webcam, and headphone to participate in the day-to-day activities.
- The last date for applying online for Online Course on Action Research in Education is 20th June 2018.