National Awards for Innovative Practices and Experiments in Education
To recognize the Teachers and Teacher educators who undertake innovations or conduct experiments on any aspect of their work related to teaching-learning, training or management of schools/colleges, NCERT has renamed the existing scheme as ‘National Awards for Innovative Practices and Experiments in Education for Schools and Teacher Education Institutions’ from 2017-18 onwards.
Earlier the scheme was known as ‘All India Competition on Innovative Practices and Experiments in Education for Schools and Teacher Education Institutions.’
The scheme believes that Teachers and teacher educators do a lot of innovations or conduct experiments to enhance the efficiency of the educational institution to overcome problems and difficulties they face in day to day functioning.
Eligibility for National Awards:
School Teachers (Number of Awards: 40)
- Any teacher of Pre-school (pre-primary), Elementary (primary and upper primary), secondary and senior secondary school recognized by State Board/CBSE or any other recognized Board; and
- Teacher of any recognized Special Education School.
- Teacher educators of Teacher Education Institutions at Pre-primary/Primary/ Upper Primary/Secondary level offering Teacher Education Programmes;
- Teacher educators of Colleges of Education including CTEs, IASEs and University Departments of Education offering B.Ed./M.Ed., B.El.Ed., B.A.B.Ed. and B.Sc.Ed. programmes; and
- Faculty members of State Councils of Educational Research and Training (SCERTs) and State Institutes of Education (SIEs) offering teacher education programmes.
How to apply for National Awards:
- Teachers and teacher educators to submit a project proposal to the Principal, Regional Institute of Education (RIE) of the region concerned.
- List of Regional Institutes of Education (RIEs) of NCERT has been given in page 9 (Annexure 1)
- The application should be made latest by 31st July 2018.
- The project proposal should be submitted in the format suggested the NCERT.
- Interested should click here for other details on National Awards for Innovative Practices and Experiment.