National Award to Teachers 2018 For Teachers and Head Ministers
Instituted in the year 1958, the National Award to Teachers are given by the Honourable President of India on 5th September (Teacher's Day) every year to give public recognition to meritorious teachers working in primary, middle and secondary schools.
The whole purpose of National Award to Teachers is to celebrate the unique contribution and to honor the finest teachers in our country, who not only improved the quality of school education but also enriched the lives of their students.
Who can nominate a Teacher for the National Award to Teachers 2018:
- Teachers and Head Ministers of the school have to nominate themselves for the award. The interested candidate must apply online.
School teachers and Head ministers of schools working in recognized primary/middle/high/higher secondary schools under the following categories:
- Schools run by State Govt./UTs Administration, schools run by local bodies, schools aided by State Govt. and UT Administration.
- Central Govt. Schools i.e. Kendriya Vidyalayas (KVs), Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs), Central Schools for Tibetans (CTSA), Sainik Schools run by Ministry of Defence (MoD), Schools run by Atomic Energy Education Society (AEES).
- Schools affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) (other than those at (1) and (2) above)
- Schools affiliated to Council for Indian Schools Certificate Examination (CISCE) (Other than those at (1), (2) and (3) above)
- Also, retired teachers who have served a part of the calendar year (at least for four months i.e. up to 30th April in the year to which National Award relates) may be considered if they fulfill all the other conditions.
- The interested candidates have to apply through online registration form only.
- The web portal is available from 15th June 2018 to 30th June 2018.
- The teachers shall be selected on the bases of an evaluation matrix consisting of two types of criteria for evaluation.