Good News For Teachers as National Awards For Teacher 2018 count increased
National Awards For Teacher 2018: Since the year 2000, Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has been awarding 'Teacher awards' to the meritorious teachers. The awards are given to outstanding teachers of CBSE affiliated schools on Teachers' Day (September 5). This year the board has decided to increase the number of 'Teacher awards' to 48, this year. The count in individual categories is revisited to increase the total count this year. Till last year the award was given to only 34 meritorious teachers from different categories.
The Board has also revised the guidelines for the award. According to the new guidelines a retired teacher is not eligible for the award but those teachers who have served a part of the calendar year (at least for four months i.e. up to 30th April in the year to which National Award/CBSE Award relates) pre-retirement may be considered if they fulfill all other conditions. Selection of final awardees by the Committee and announcement of awards will be displayed on the CBSE portal.
National Awards For Teacher 2018 schedule of activities:
- 29th June to 13 th July 2018: Submission of online application
- 15 th and 16 th July 2018: Uploading of supporting documents on the portal by the shortlisted applicants.
- 20 th July 2018: Invitation to the shortlisted applicants as per the merit list for face to face interactive session with the National Level Screening Committee at CBSE HQ Delhi
- 30th July 2018: Awards announcement and forwarding of nominations to MHRD for National Teachers Award
- 14 th July 2018: Intimation to shortlisted applicants for uploading of relevant supporting documents on the portal
- 18 th and 19th July 2018: Scrutiny of supporting documents of the shortlisted applicants by the National Level Scrutiny Committee and preparation of category wise merit list
- 25 th to 27th July 2018: Face to face interactive session at CBSE HQ, Delhi and preparation of a final list of awardees
For further details on National Awards For Teacher 2018, please click here.