CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship 2018
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is inviting online application for Single Girl Child Scholarship from Single Girl Students, who are the only child of their parents and have passed the Class X Examination with 60% or more marks and are further continuing their school education of Class XI and XII.
The scholarships for girls aim is to recognize the efforts of the parents in promoting education among girls and to provide encouragement to meritorious students.
The last date for submission of online applications is 5th October 2018 and hard copy of application form (renewal only) must be submitted on or before 31st October 2018. Hard copies received after the last date shall not be entertained.
Selection procedure for Single Girl Child Scholarship 2018
- The student should have passed Class X Examination from the CBSE and secured 60% or more marks.
- Pursuing Class XI & XII from CBSE affiliated Schools.
- Student (Girl) should be the ONLY CHILD of their parents.
- Original Affidavit duly attested by the First-Class Judicial Magistrate/ SDM/ Executive Magistrate/ Notary as per prescribed format available on the Board’s website. (Photocopy of the affidavit shall not be accepted).
- The application form should be attested by the School Principal from where the student is pursuing Class XI after passing Class X from the Board’s Examination.
- Tuition fee should not be more than Rs. 1,500/- per month in Class X and 10% enhancement for Class XI & XII.
Eligibility criteria for Single Girl Child Scholarship 2018
- All Single Girl Students, who have secured 60% or more marks in CBSE Class X Examination and are studying Class XI & XII in School (affiliated with CBSE) whose tuition fee is not more than Rs. 1,500/- p.m. during the academic year, shall be considered for the purpose. In the next two years, the total enhancement in tuition fee in such school shall not be more than 10% of the tuition fee charged.
- The scholarship shall be awarded to students having the Indian Nationality. NRI applicants of the Board are also eligible for the award.
- The student must continue her school studies in Class XI and XII in school as stated above in point (a).
- Students who have passed the CBSE Class X examination in 2018 shall only be considered.
- A Scholar under the scheme while availing scholarship can enjoy another concession (s) given by the school in which she is studying other organization(s)
Important links for Single Girl Child Scholarship:-
- Please refer the press release for having details about the scholarships for girls. Read more...
- For other details, readers are requested to go through the circular released by CBSE. Read more…
- For applying, please click here.