Atal Tinkering Laboratory in the schools affiliated to CBSE
Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) is set up by the Government of India under the aegis of NITI Aayog with a vision to foster a culture of Innovation and Entrepreneurship in the country. Atal Innovation Mission has established Atal Tinkering Laboratories (ATLs) in schools across the country to create scientific temper and cultivate the spirit of curiosity and innovation among students. The Mission is now looking forward to supporting additional CBSE schools in the setup of Atal Tinkering Labs to ‘Cultivate 1 Million children in India as Neoteric Innovators’.
Eligibility criteria for schools for establishing Atal Tinkering Laboratory
- All-weather area (1,500 sq. ft.)
- All-weather area (1,000 sq. ft.) in hilly / Himalayan and island states/UTs.
- Computer Lab with internet facility
- Steady Electricity connection
- Science Lab
- Library and Playground
- Dedicated & qualified staff: Maths & Sciences
- Enrolment – 400+ students in Grade VI – X in plain states/regions
- Enrolment – 250+ students in Grade VI – X in hilly states/regions Regular attendance of 75% & above of the staff & enrolled students over the past 3 years
Interested schools for Atal Tinkering Laboratory are requested to go through the eligibility criteria and apply for the establishing ATL before January 31, 2019 through the link given by Atal Innovation Mission (AIM).
The interested schools can click here to visit the official webpage.
CBSE encouraging and calling all the eligible schools to seize this valuable and rewarding opportunity. The Board is asking schools to look forward to seeing their name among the next list of ATL school fraternity.