The Department of Drinking water & Sanitation (DDWS), Ministry of Jal Sakti is establishing a State-of-art Rashtriya Swachhata Kendra (RSK) at Gandhi Darshan, Rajghat, New Delhi. The Kendra is being set us as an experience center, which uses modern technology to chronicle Indias Swachhata journey in a hi-tech edutainment format with a mix of indoor digital and outdoor physical exhibits.
The RSK is going to be inaugurated on 8th August, 2020.
On this occasion, DDWS is launching the Gandagi Mukt Bharat (GMB) campaign, a special week-long campaign for swachhata from 8th August to 15th August as per the following
- 8th August: Launch of the Rashtriya Swachhata Kendra, e-Ratri Chaupal with sarpanches by the District Collectors
- 9th August: Campaign led by village mukhiya/sarpanch to collect and segregate Single-Use Plastic (SUP)
- 10th August: Shramdan in panchayats to whitewash/ cleaning of public buildings & Launch of SBM mobile academy
- 11th August: All India wall painting day of SBM messages in villages
- 12th August: Shramdaan in villages. Tree Plantation
- 13th August: Online painting competition (classes 6 to 8); essay competition (classes 9 to 12) on the theme of ‘Gandagi Mukt Mera Gao’ & Virtual tour of the RSK by Ministry of Jal Shakti
- 14th August: Cleanliness and Sanitization drives in Primary Health Cares (PHCs).
- 15th August: Independence Day: ODF Plus declarations of villages in Aam Sabha.
Considering the above, all the CBSE affiliated schools are requested to start the following activities during the week (8th August to 15th August 2020) and ensure active participation from the students and teaching staff in the events:
i. The webcast link for the inauguration event of RSK is pmindiawebcast.nic.in. This link may be shared with the students and encouraged to log on to watch this important event on 8th August 2020 at 4.45 pm. Schools are requested to send the report of the same on 8th August 2020 at https://forms.gle/VLYSVFz7kzWWWqMV7
ii. An online painting competition (in classes 6 to 8) and an essay competition (in classes 9 to 12) on the theme of ‘Gandagi Mukt Mera Gaon’ may be organized on 13th August 2020.
Please select one best entry per competition (one from Essay Competition and one from Painting Competition) at the school level and submit it along with the report of the same on 16th August 2020 at the link https://forms.gle/RmzEvZZi1f4D7eMe7a
CBSE will further select the top three entries from the entries received from the schools in both the competitions for onward submission to the Ministry of Education, Govt. of India. The winners of both the competitions will be felicitated at the National level on 2nd October 2020.
To read the original notice published by CBSE on the Gandagi Mukt Bharat campaign, click here.
Since you are here, you should also know:-
Swachh Bharat Abhiyan campaign was launched on 2 October 2014 on the birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi. The aim of the campaign is to eradicate open defecation by 2 October 2019, the 150th anniversary of the birth of Mahatma Gandhi. The campaign was launched by the honorable Prime Minister India, Shri Narendra Modi.
To know more about the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, please visit the link https://swachhbharat.mygov.in/
To read more ‘CBSE’ news, please click here.
Disclaimer: At DailySchoolsNews we always try our best to ensure that the information we post is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the information or content we post may contain errors. You can trust us even though we recommend to perform your own checks and go through the links in the article.